When will D1 be finished?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon May 11 17:27:32 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>>  From a (go ahead, call it "shrewd" and "marketing liar", I won't
>> mind) perspective, _the_ newsgroup should be called D and it should
>> contain D1 discussions. And then there should be a less conspicuous NG
>> called "future releases discussions", which would be D2.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.

I'm all for it. My guess, however, is that this is another case of couch
quarterbacking that's unlikely to effect a touchdown. Today, the
majority of discussions on digitalmars.d is about D2 because - surprise!
- the stuff that people are interested in debating has mostly to do with
D2. You can't tell people what they should be talking about. People vote
with their pens. If a separate newsgroup is created for
digitalmars.d.next, then that won't automatically increase the quantity
and quality of D1-related traffic on digitalmars.d. Then the archetypal
noob tunes to digitalmars.d, sees a tumbleweed rolling by, and moves on.

Andrei