When will D1 be finished?

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue May 12 12:50:11 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Christopher Wright wrote:
>> However, if a patch exists, there is only one excuse for not including
>> it: lack of testing.
>

>> And there is one huge reason that nobody submits additional test cases
>> to your DMD test suite -- you've never released it, or even specified
>> the required format.
>
> That's because of its uncertain copyright status. It's a collection of
> everything that went wrong in the past, from a wide variety of sources.

Understood.

> As to its format, it is designed to be run by a shell script. Each
> source file is expected to compile and run without error, error means
> terminating with an exception or a non-zero return from main().

Awesome! I'll add this to wiki4d. Might I also suggest adding it to some
reasonable location on digitalmars.com and bugzilla?

What do you do about examples that should explicitly not compile? For
example, a test for the fix to an accepts-invalid bug? Do you have to
use tricks with __traits(compiles) and static assert (!is (typeof))?