What's the current state of D?

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Tue May 12 16:38:17 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>> Now the only think to do is wait until Mihail Zenkov answer my mail (no
>> news for now =( ).
>
> If he doesn't, just recode the patch and submit it. There doesn't look
> like there's much to it. My understanding from the FSF is the only
> concern is with patches that are more than 10 lines. The single line
> changes here and there in the gdb patch don't need to be redone.
>
> The point of making std.demangle public domain is so that other tools
> can freely incorporate it and support D!

OK, Leandro, so quoting to them the above post, and quoting the
beginning of the file demangle.d ought to do the trick:

  * Placed into the Public Domain.
/* Authors:
  *      Walter Bright, Digital Mars, www.digitalmars.com
  *      Thomas Kuehne
  *      Frits van Bommel

Knowing what (*seriously excuse* the wording here) fascists the FSF guys
are, they obviously assume similar behavior of any opposition. That
explains why they appear paranoid and unreasonable in their demands of
the copyright statements for any code even remotely considered for
inclusion.

PS: even if the intent is benign, there's no reason for anti-benign
action or attitudes. That's why their track record forced me to use
harsh language, above. ((( please don't nobody get me started on this
one )))