When will D1 be finished?

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Tue May 12 18:10:38 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Robert Clipsham wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> 314 does not affect correct code, hence is an implicitly less
>>> important issue.
>>
>> It does however include a patch, submitted almost a year ago I might add.
>
> Yes, but the patch is incomplete.

At the time I'm reading this, I see in the thread window that Cristian
and Jarrett have already answered this particular post.

However, I take such an offence that I (against my normal behavior) post
a reply here before even bothering to read theirs first.

If you consider a patch incomplete, wouldn't it be more appropriate to
address the issue, than waiting (days, years??) before you get put
back-to-wall about it???

Just posting what's wrong or missing with the patch right away would
catch the patch poster _while_ he's _still_ got it in his head.