When will D1 be finished?

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed May 13 05:26:20 PDT 2009

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Jason House wrote:
> > I've also wondered a bit about the impression people have of Walter
> > ignoring the things most important to them. Obviously, everyone can't
> > talk to Walter directly. I wonder if it would be possible to have
> > official delegates on specific aspects of D... People hand picked by
> > Walter as expert proxies. For example, changes to std.algorithm (and
> > all of Phobos?)  should go through Andrei. I have not tried to come
> > up with a list of categories. Having an exhaustive set of D-related
> > concerns ans officisl proxies would help focus discussion/efforts. It
> > also gives a way for a the most important concerns to be raised to
> > Walter directly through back channels such as coffee shop discussions
> > , phone calls, e-mail etc.
>
> I've been wondering if it's time for another D conference.

I'm disapointed that you did not comment about any of the ideas I put in my post :(

Maybe the implication is that you intend to talk about this issue at the conference just like the whole Phobos vs. Tango thing at the prior conference. Is that right?

Sadly, I won't be at any D conferences unless my employer uses D, which I don't expect to happen for a long time :(