When will D1 be finished?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 07:28:23 PDT 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009 06:56:03 -0400, Christopher Wright
<dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> If this is important to you, wouldn't it be more appropriate to look
>> into making the patch complete instead of complaining about it?
>>  Andrei
>
> The poster of the patch believes it to be complete. Walter looks at it
> and believes that it is not. It adds perhaps one minute to the time it
> takes Walter to deal with the patch to add a comment on the bug saying
> that the patch isn't complete and giving a brief description of the
> situation in which it fails.
>
> This is not the case with bugzilla 314, wherein the person who posted
> the patch claimed that it was incomplete.

314 is the subject of this thread.  I have to side with Walter on this,
the comment (by Christian) says:

"Using a variation of this patch to fix the import issue bugs 313 and 314
describe should still be fine."

Which seems to indicate using this patch directly would not fix it.

-Steve