Wrt. threadlocal by default: shared module constructors

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Wed May 13 19:18:29 PDT 2009

On Wed, 13 May 2009 18:31:57 -0700, Brad Roberts wrote:

> Which argues for the globals to be immutable, so the cost goes away and
> we're back where we started. :)

Which actually brings back memories of my COBOL and IBM/360 assembler days.
The mantra then was "everything must be reenterant" so the norm was that
mutable globals were seen as evil.

However, later I worked at a place where assembler abuse was taken to the
artform level - self-modifying code was encouraged!

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia