SciD (Was: Real Close to the Machine: Floating Point in D )

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 09:18:20 PDT 2009

== Quote from Lars T. Kyllingstad (public at kyllingen.NOSPAMnet)'s article
> In my numerics library (which I've, in all modesty, named SciD) I'm
> converging on a package structure I'm fairly pleased with:
> scid.core:
>      Internal modules, such as scid.core.traits, scid.core.tests,
>      scid.core.exception, etc.
> scid.ports:
>      Here I put ports of various packages from NETLIB and other
>      sources. Examples of subpackages are scid.minpack,
>      scid.quadpack, etc. These have, for the most part, rather
>      nasty APIs, and should normally not be used directly.
> scid:
>      In the root package I've placed the most ubiquitous modules,
>      i.e. scid.vector, scid.transformation, etc.
> scid.calculus
>      scid.calculus.differentiation
>      scid.calculus.integration
> scid.linalg
> scid.nonlinear
>      Specific problem areas get their own subpackages. At the moment
>      these mostly just contain nicer interfaces to the routines in
>      scid.ports -- "drivers", if you will.

Wait a minute, you have a numerics library for D that does all this stuff?  I'd
like to hear more about this.  If/when it's in a usable state, please put it up on
dsource and post it to http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?ScientificLibraries.