Please Vote: Exercises in TDPL?

grauzone none at example.net
Thu May 14 19:42:25 PDT 2009

> would typically be reasonable), and not actually give them any real
> information except (if we feel like it) some "info" that's incomplete,
> poorly explained, etc." I can come up with plenty of questions and problems

Ah yes, if there are exercises, they should also give the solutions. In
case of coding exercises, not only the source code, but with
explanations. If not, it's utterly useless and should not be done.

> on my own. If I buy a book (or take a class), it's because I want *answers*
> and *information*. If I want to work through it all on my own (and, hell,
> sometimes I do), then I can do that without f&*%^&* putting down the money
> for a book/class in the first place.

You pay for books? I just get them from the library.
(By the way, how do intellectual property freaks deal with this?)