Please Vote: Exercises in TDPL?

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:26:04 PDT 2009

Sean Kelly wrote:

> I never bother to solve the exercises either, but then I've read most
> tech books on my own time.  I think if you're hoping this might be used
> in an academic setting at some point (and I have no idea what the
> requirements are for that) then it would be good to have exercises.  By
> the way, does TCPL have them?  I'm pretty sure TC++PL doesn't.

That's a good point, it will be helpful for courses. (but not a requirement)

TC++PL does have exercises - at least the 3rd edition does, although they are not so prominent.

I like to use exercises as review questions or summary, looking at them helps to get a feel
for how much you've understood. Also, fun or really good exercises I will take, like the ones in SICP.