std.string and std.algorithm: what to do?

Michiel Helvensteijn m.helvensteijn.remove at gmail.com
Fri May 15 00:16:11 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep wrote:

> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The_Complicator_0x27_s_Gloves.aspx

Heh, that's a funny story. I didn't know that one. (I do think the sensible
developer was a bit of a killjoy, though.)

But how about coming up with some actual arguments here? What are the
`gloves' in this situation? Don't say `modules' without explaining how they
offer the same advantages as tags.

I can imagine a similar discussion having taken place when someone thought
of higher-level control-flow constructs (you know, `if' and `while'). I
imagine most people were perfectly happy with goto's and conditional jumps.

--
Michiel Helvensteijn