SciD (Was: Real Close to the Machine: Floating Point in D )

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Fri May 15 12:22:21 PDT 2009

Lars T. Kyllingstad wrote:
> 2. I have to figure out some licensing issues. Some algorithms are
> clearly public domain, while some things -- like code I've ripped off
> Numerical Recipes, for instance -- is more questionable. (Although the
> NR guys do quite a lot of off-ripping themselves. ;)

If you're talking about any one of the books that come up when entering
"Numerical Recipes" in the Amazon search box, I'd say that those recipes
are freely usable. That's why they're in the books.

Checking, of course may be good, but if anyone publishes recipes in a
book and then sues people for actually using them, I'd sue *them* for
entrapment.