project oriented

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Fri May 15 15:51:37 PDT 2009

BCS:
> The c# solution works well if you will *only* develop from the IDE but is
> a total pain as soon as you need to work with non-language aware tools.

I think Microsoft thinks that an IDE is a part of a modern language. So they have tried to design a language that almost needs an IDE. Fortress language looks to need an IDE even more. There are languages (most Smalltalk, and some Forth and some Logo) that are merged with their development environment.

Bye,
bearophile