SciD (Was: Real Close to the Machine: Floating Point in D )

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:33:16 PDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Georg Wrede <georg.wrede at iki.fi> wrote:

> We don't need to copy NR. All we need is to glipse at their algorithms. And
> anyway, D is so much more powerful that those algorithms would be,
> implemented in another way, anyhow.

THe NR in C code is basically a translated version of the NR in
Fortran code.  Right down to using 1-based indexing.

THe NR in C++ code is the C code with a few token classes thrown in
for vectors.  Still using 1-based indexing.

It's not something you'd really want to emulate, especially not in D.
Unless you just happen to love Fortran-style code. :-)

--bb