SciD (Was: Real Close to the Machine: Floating Point in D )

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat May 16 02:58:41 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> Actually I seem to remember that "Numerical recipes in C" was widely
> criticized for having incredibly strong restrictions on the published code.

The license is, from my copy of the 1987 edition:

"Although this book and its programs are copyrighted, we specifically
authorize you, the reader of this book, to make one machine-readable
copy of each program for your own use. [...] Distribution of
machine-readable programs (either as copied by you or as purchased) to
any other person is not authorized."