Please Vote: Exercises in TDPL?

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Sat May 16 17:39:00 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> A chunky fragment of TDPL will hit Rough Cuts soon enough. I'm pondering
> whether I should be adding exercises to the book. Some books have them,
> some don't.
>
> Pros: As I'm writing, I've come up with some pretty darn cool exercise
> ideas.
>
> Cons: The book gets larger, takes longer to write, and I never solved
> the exercises in the books I've read, but then I'm just weird.
>
> What do you think?

I love exercises. They're great for people who are trying to learn the
language, and a great help to those of us who help them learn (not only
teachers, I'm a student myself, and spend a lot of time reviewing other
students' code to iron out their errors and teach them how things work).
Also, if the exercises have solutions, I can challenge myself to make
the solution faster, shorter, neater, or whatever.

--
  Simen.