Please Vote: Exercises in TDPL?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 16 19:29:00 PDT 2009

Don wrote:
> grauzone wrote:
>>> Incidentally, here, or in D.learn, somebody was asking for symbolic
>>> derivation with D templates. I think one of the excercises in SICP
>>> was to write a lisp snippet that did just that.
>>>
>>> Awesome stuff, through and through.
>>
>> An awesome way to hit compiler bugs, huh?
>>
>> Well sorry, but it's really like that: programming with D is awesome,
>> until you hit problems like ICEs.
>
> I agree that it's a problem, which is why the latest compiler release
> got rid of 40% of the remaining segfault and ICE bugs (including the
> three most commonly encountered). You should find a significant
> improvement now.

That's really awesome, by the way.

> I have patches for many of the remaining bugs. Unfortunately there are 5
> ICE bugs in bugzilla with no test cases, which means they can't be fixed.

Better than having a crash with OPTLINK with no error message nor
indication of what the problem is, where the only reproducible test case
is 2MB worth of object files and which has already cost you four days of
trying fruitlessly to work around it, still without a solution.

And the code works flawlessly under Linux, but all the users have Windows.

I hate OPTLINK.  *sobs*

  -- Daniel