std.string and std.algorithm: what to do?

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Sat May 16 22:15:16 PDT 2009

Benji Smith wrote:
>    enum CaseSensitivity {
>       None, Ascii, UnicodeChar, UnicodeSurrogatePair
>    }

D uses unicode, period, so D string functions should use unicode, always.

(What's the difference between UnicodeChar and UnicodeSurrogatePair
anyway?  Unicode is unicode.  wchar/UTF-16 uses surrogate pairs,
char/UTF-8 and dchar/UTF-32 do not.)

These options don't address the real issue, which is that different
language have different rules.  Which is the uppercase version of 'i',
'I' or 'İ'?  Which is the lowercase version of 'I', 'i' or 'ı'?

Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com