Ad absurdum, on copyright

grauzone none at example.net
Sun May 17 00:30:37 PDT 2009

> Just watched the Eurovision Song Contest. (That's the Biggest Annual TV
> Event in Europe, Israel, North Africa, half of Asia, and Australia and
> New Zealand.) Bands like ABBA of Sweden, were explicitly assembled for
> the contest, and many winners enjoy a huge world-wide success later.

Now now, who would care about that contest? It's as crappy as most other
things on TV. That was that thing where viewers can vote for songs, and
the votes are listed by-country, right?

(Yay for using torrents, xdcc and mplayer as "TV set" instead!)

> Turns out Eurovision (a subsidiary of the European Broadcast[ers] Union)
> "grid-casts" the show on the net. Now, the client to view with, has an
> "interesting" EULA:

And I guess there's no way for playback with open source software?
And I tried to find out what they're using. All I found was a Flash
applet. Everything that uses Flash is ignored by me by default.