"with" still sucks + removing features + adding features

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon May 18 15:50:59 PDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Jason House
<jason.james.house at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's all a matter of perspective. I see both as begin .. end. That may be the same reason why I think addition when I see foo(bar()) + baz(37). The extra cruft is more or less ignored when figuring out the basics of what is going on.

Agreed.  If you tell someone   a .. b  means a non-inclusive range
from a to b, then ask them to guess what    blarf a .. blarf b  means,
I would be very surprised if many guessed "inclusive range from blarf
a  to blarf b".

... Unless they guess that the fact you were asking something which
should be so obvious meant that it was probably a trick question, in
which case they'd answer inclusive, that being the non-obvious answer.

--bb