"with" still sucks + removing features + adding features

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Mon May 18 21:09:21 PDT 2009

Derek Parnell Wrote:

> On Mon, 18 May 2009 23:15:17 -0400, Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
>
> > Derek Parnell Wrote:
> >>   case [FIRST ; LAST] :
> >
> > Personally I feel that your syntax breaks the condition
> > (6) Must not be keystroke-heavy
>
> Huh?? By keystroke-heavy I meant the number of keyboard presses the finger
> would have to do to write it.
>

> Ignoring FIRST/LAST, I have 3 (three) keystrokes  and Andrei has 8
> keystrokes?
>
> Me =  [ ; ]
>
> Andrei = SHIFT : .. case
>
> > I like Andei's syntax best but as previously stated, its ambiguous with exclusive ranges.
> >
> > Maybe the solution is a second range operator that is inclusive, such as:
> >     case FIRST ... LAST:
>
> Which is 3 keystrokes too.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by saying my suggestion breaks (6).
>
> --
> Derek Parnell
> Melbourne, Australia
> skype: derek.j.parnell

Ah yes if you go by the count of characters, then yes you are right. I assumed it meant the ease of typing it, as ... is way faster to get on the screen than [;]. Also your characters are only easily accessible on a keyboard using the US layout (I began programming on a french canadian layout, and you need to use the right alt key for both [ and ], real annoying).