"with" still sucks + removing features + adding features

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Mon May 18 21:26:14 PDT 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 23:20:11 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Derek Parnell wrote:
>> But you never asked for the name of my favourite language?

> Yah, I realized my flawed supposition after sending :o). So, what is it?

Actually I have two - Forth and Euphoria, but D comes a close second.

Anyways ... back to the actually question that I asked and you haven't got
around to answering yet -- (you're not doing politian training are you :-))

On Mon, 18 May 2009 19:31:23 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> I completely disagree that that's a special case. ".." is punctuation.
> You can't pretend punctuation has the same meaning everywhere in a
> programming language.

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that one must expect that the meaning of
punctuation in a programming language depends on the context the
punctuation is found in?

If so, then ".." in "[a .. b]" can mean exclusive range and ".." in "case a
.. b:" can mean inclusive range, no?

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia