OT: on IDEs and code writing on steroids

davidl davidl at nospam.org
Mon May 18 22:18:19 PDT 2009

在 Tue, 19 May 2009 00:14:50 +0800,BCS <ao at pathlink.com> 写道:

> Reply to Andrei,
>
>> I've repeatedly failed to figure out the coolness of C#, and would
>> appreciate a few pointers. Or references. Or delegates :o).
>>

> The coolness of c# is that (in order, IMHO) 1) the tools are world
> class, 2) the support is back by MS, 3) the docs are great, and 4) the
> language is highly consistent and conservative, e.i. nothing is added
> until they've got it right.
>
> Aside from #4, the *language* isn't anything to write home about.
>
>> Andrei

The fact is MS has paven the way for getting people who uses C# open their
source by default(lot of code can be disassembled). Reusing them itself is
a very strong selling point. The market has a will to both reusing C# code
while keeping the commercial secret. They don't want the others
disassemble the app and tweak a little bit and rebuild the app(this is
always possible if you don't strip the IL by only obfuscating it. For
native cases, you would have a much higher barrier to rebuild others' app).

The first 3 points can be shared with MS if we keep at a reasonable
consistency with MS stuff.
If we have the C# frontend and major .Net framework API, the tools can be
built immediately by compiling SharpDevelop, which is also considered to
be high quality to use.

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/