OT: on IDEs and code writing on steroids

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:46:22 PDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009 08:56:59 +1200, BCS <ao at pathlink.com> wrote:

> VS/MS/etc is a for profit ecosystem. They assume that your system and
> software is paid for by your boss and he's spending 10-20 time that much
> on your paycheck so who cares. At least that's the impression I get.

I think vs express editions that can be used to make great software, sell
the software and not pay MS a single cent is very generous of them and the
.net cil is a genious idea. The most succefull compilers are the ones that
recognize that there is multiple languages, multiple archictectures and
that there should be something in the middle. CIL just leaves it in the
middle code until the last minute. MS may not do the best operating
systems but the whole .net thing is very good in my opinion and I think
sun is better for there solaris than there java.