"with" still sucks + removing features + adding features

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:47:29 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu

> It's an awful idea. It's a non-idea. If "idea" had an antonym, that would be
> it.
>
> I can't fathom what's on the mind of a person (not you, at least you
> foresee some potential problems) who, even after patiently explained the
> issues with this mental misfire, several times, still can bring
> themselves to think it's not that bad.
>
> Let me add one more, although more than sure someone will find a remedy
> for it, too.
>
> a...b
>
> vs.
>
> a.. .b
>
> and of course the beauty
>
> a....b
>
> I don't plan to discuss minor features on this group anymore.

Maybe if you weren't prone to such humorous bouts of hyperbole, you
wouldn't get your blood boiling so easily.  This is the internet, and
we're talking about programming languages.  It's not like we're
defusing a tense international arms conflict or something.