OT: on IDEs and code writing on steroids

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue May 19 19:21:50 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Not even this book cover could save Forth!
>
> http://www.globalnerdy.com/2007/09/14/reimagining-programming-book-covers/

Hehe...

And of course the Ruby book has the obligatory distasteful sexual
reference.

Only today I was reading another book on Rails and within the third page
I got the notion that good website development is like good porn: you
know it when you see it. Yeah, you've apparently seen to much of it. Get
a date. :o/

I'm all for sexual jokes, but give me a break with "the lucky stiff".
The subtler the better. I made one such joke in a talk at ACCU, and it
took people 30 seconds to even suspect it. (Walter of course got it in a
femtosecond.)

Andrei