"the last change" for ranges

Robert Jacques sandford at jhu.edu
Wed May 20 12:19:22 PDT 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 14:02:02 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

> Robert Jacques wrote:
>> Bicycle shed: Well, since output ranges use 'put', how about 'get' for
>> input ranges?
>
> Nice color :o). In fact, "put" is a poor choice because it doesn't
> reflect advancement. Probably putNext and getNext are better.
>
> Andrei

Well, on that note, more shed colors and common use cases:
           stacks, queues, messge passing, file I/O, network I/O, confusion
factor
send/recv  weak ,  okay ,      good     ,  weak   ,    good    ,    low
sink/rise  bad  ,  bad  ,      bad      ,  bad    ,    bad     ,    high
push/pop   good ,  okay ,      okay     ,  okay   ,    okay    ,    high