ideas about ranges

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 21:00:27 PDT 2009

On Thu, 21 May 2009 17:40:27 -0400, Jason House
<jason.james.house at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steven Schveighoffer Wrote:
>>
>> So what I think we may need is a different range primitive:
>>
>> An iterable range defines: (name to be decided)
>>
>> bool empty()
>> T popNext()
>>
>> An input range is an iterable range that also defines:
>>
>> T front();
>> popFront();
>
> This is exactly like what Andrei posted as his design.
>
> Your iterable range = Andrei's input range
> Your input range = Andrei's forward range

If that's true, then I apologize, I was looking at the current docs, and
Andrei's post about having some sort of "save" method.  The current docs
definitely are not the same as what I proposed.

And in any case, my proposal requires a change to the compiler for
foreach.  I haven't seen that talked about yet.  If that's in the works,
then that's cool.  As I've said before, I don't need credit, I just like
to have the ideas knocked around.

-Steve