"the last change" for ranges

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Thu May 21 22:30:30 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> Georg Wrede Wrote:
>> Jason House wrote:
>>> I no longer try to work out the details and merely hope my efforts
>>> plant a seed for thought. It's far less frustrating that way.
>>
>> Sadly, ( /thoroughly/ sadly), this is like a party group. If you really
>> want exposure, your first post should be no longer than 3 lines long.
>> Then, on the 4th level of the thread, you might piecemeal start exposing
>> the details of what you really wanted to say, in the first post. Hell,
>> our current celebrities do that, and the success, you undoubtedly see.
>
> Who do you consider to be a celebrity that doesn't have commit access
> to Phobos? I take people like Walter, Andrei, and Sean because they
> usually mean pending changes to the language or libraries.

Well, it's not that simple. Andrei was a celebrity from day one,
although (I think) he got write access only later. Same thing with Don.
Matthew Wilson never had write access, and he enjoyed celebrity status.

For all I know, there may be several people with write access who don't
even appear on this newsgroup. (I have no idea, but I suspect.)

And then, of course, everybody's list of celebrities is different.

> I won't say our celebrities don't deserve their status. All I'm
> saying is that celebrity status gives a lot of leeway for how to
> share info.

Sure.