Finalizing D2

BCS none at anon.com
Sat May 23 10:58:04 PDT 2009

Hello Andrei,

> * std.date: unnecessarily clunky and low-level. Also, somehow Walter
> thinks that std.dateparse has absolutely nothing to do with date.

My company has this little project that I wrote in c#:

http://precisionsoftware.blogspot.com/2009/03/natural-language-net-date-parser.html

Would anyone be interested in it being ported to D? Right now we are trying
to sell the c# version (no takers yet) so I'd have to talk to them about it.

> * std.mmfile: integrate with the garbage collector. It should be
> there.

If you are talking putting it in std.gc or whatever its called now, that
is one of the last places I'd look for this. If you are *only* talking about
just hooks into the GC to un-map stuff, I'm fine with that.

> * std.socket, std.socketstream: We need a real networking library.

what would it do on top of what that does?