Finalizing D2

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Sat May 23 16:42:27 PDT 2009

On Sat, 23 May 2009 22:20:14 +0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

>>> * std.socket, std.socketstream: We need a real networking library.
>>   what would it do on top of what that does?
>
> I haven't studied it, but Walter said he doesn't like it and I trust
> him. Anyhow, we'd need to create at least full range integration and
> support for protocols such as http, ftp, ssh, and imap. Today's
> languages load a webpage in one line, and that's great so we need to do
> that. It's even better to be able to process the webpage while it's
>

> Andrei

We wrote a networking library with a unique modern flexible design.

It was initially written in C++, but I'm slowly porting it to D2 (it's already usable and I wrote a few applications with it by now).

If anyone is interested, I may contribute it to Phobos. Its design overview (very short one) is attached for those who are interested.