feature request expanded class object? Re: how to use GC as a leak detector? i.e. get some help info from GC?

nobody no at where.com
Mon May 25 00:37:42 PDT 2009

== Quote from Leandro Lucarella (llucax at gmail.com)'s article
> benefit from using NO_SCAN if your 800M of data are plain old data. Did
> you tried it? And if you never have interior pointers to that data, your
> program can possibly avoid a lot of false positives due to the
> conservativism if you use NO_INTERIOR (this is only available if you patch

No, my data are classes (not structs), and they need to be class by some other
design considerations;
and worse they contain pointers to other data, e.g.

class SmallDataA {  // need to be class
}

class SmallDataB {  // need to be class
  SmallDataA a;     // in D 'a' is a reference, or 'pointer'
}

I have thought about use POD. I think the above code in C++ will be more what I
want: i.e. the 'a' object (not the reference) is embedded directly into
SmallDataB. I guess when I have millions of such SmallDataB objects, it will make
the GC busy in D since 'a' is reference.

So question: can we have such expanded class objects in D?