[OT] n-way union

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon May 25 16:39:33 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> Don't get offended, he didn't respond to anyone else's algorithm either.

I just wanted to bring what I think is an interesting problem to the
table; my response shouldn't be used as a yardstick for one's ability to
define a good algorithm.

Now that I feel pressured to give an answer, I'd say that BCS's answer
is right on the money. It's the exact algorithm I put in std.algorithm
(not checked in yet), and it works leanly and meanly on a large data set
as we speak. Sean's, bearophile's, and your answers were also very close
to BCS's, just that yours was a tad less detailed and the others came a
bit later.

Andrei