Any IDEs or editors that are compatible with D 2.0?

Wed May 27 07:21:30 PDT 2009

Matt Nawrocki wrote:
> Hi... are there any IDEs or editors out there that support DMD 2.0 yet? I am having a hard time finding a good one. Thanks!
>

> Matt

When you say "editor that supports D", do you primarily mean syntax
highlighting? In that case, there should be plenty, as there really
isn't much difference between D1 and D2.

Also, you didn't say whether you use Windows or Linux. On Linux, I know
that both vim, gedit and Kate have syntax highlighting for D. Also, Bill
Baxter made an emacs mode for D some years ago,

http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D.announce&artnum=7754

Personally, I use vim, and for D2 I only had to add the keywords "ref"
and "string" to the syntax file. :)

I can't say anything about IDEs or Windows, as use neither.

-Lars