[OT] Convention of Communication

Thu May 28 04:21:33 PDT 2009

Manfred Nowak wrote:
> At least a quarter of the last postings here do not follow the usenet
> convention of proper identifying the author---which is the full name of
> the author and a valid email adress of the author.
>
> I wonder whether those who set themself apart by breaking existing
> convention would appreciate to be set apart, when others too break
> convention.
>
> -manfred

There are many reasons for encouraging, or even enforcing, non-anonymity
on a forum. Some of them are good. Ancient Convention is -- no offense
-- not one of them. :)

This NG is not plagued by spam, trolls or hit'n'runs, so I see no reason
to require non-anonymity.

But who knows, maybe acts of terrorism are being planned inbetween lines
of D code in this very forum? (Oh no, did I just bring us to the
Attention of the Authorities?)

-Lars