static this sucks, we should deprecate it

grauzone none at example.net
Thu May 28 06:16:50 PDT 2009

> static this as OP said not so good. Why would you need to specify no
> dependencies? The way it works now is not ambiguous and wouldn't
> conflict with the dependencies syntax.

Because if you really have no dependency, you had to specify a dummy module.

As I understand, Mr. Bracket's proposal works as this:

static this {} //full dependencies (all import statements)
static this : a, b {} //only dependent from module a and b

And I'd add

static this : void {} //no dependencies at all