static this sucks, we should deprecate it

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu May 28 08:52:53 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:41:36AM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> As long as it's part of a system where you can't accidentally use stale
> files, then I'd agree.  The best scenario would be to import the object
> file directly IMO.

Is there a comments field or something in the object file format that
we could use to stick the source code into?

Then, you could read the source used to compile the object from that
field, checking for stale versions, while not affecting how the linker itself
works.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net