Bartosz Milewski Missing post

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 15:36:39 PDT 2009

== Quote from Bartosz Milewski (bartosz-nospam at relisoft.com)'s article
> Leandro Lucarella Wrote:
> > BCS, el 28 de mayo a las 15:57 me escribiste:
> >
> > Maybe, I'm just saying why I don't comment on D2 concurrency model. I find
> > it too complex for my needs (i.e. for what I know, I won't give my opinion
> > about things I don't know/use).
> >
> Probably the majority of users either don't use multithreading (yet) or use it
only for very simple tasks. My stated goal is not to force such users to learn the
whole race-free type system. In most cases things "just work" by default, and the
compiler catches any accidental race conditions.
> The complex part is for library writers who have very demanding needs.
Unfortunately, I have to describe the whole shebang in my blog, otherwise people
won't believe that the system is workable and that it satisfies their high
expectations.
> I should probably write a simple tutorial that would show how to use my system
for simple tasks.

This would be much appreciated.  I try to read your blogs, which are geared toward
hardcore multithreading people.  I know just enough about multithreading to
understand why it's a hard problem, so I usually get to about the second paragraph
before I feel lost.  I would love to see a version that offers simple examples of
how the new multithreading might be useful to the kinds of people (like me) who
understand the basics of multithreading and write multithreaded code in the very
simple cases, but are not experts in concurrency, etc.  For my purposes, I'm more
interested in the mildly complicated things that are made simple, not the highly
complicated things that are made possible.