Source control for all dmd source

Fri May 29 07:52:24 PDT 2009

Sean Kelly wrote:
> Jason House wrote:
>> Over in D.anounce, the LDC devs said they would have an easier time
>> upgrading to newer dmd (fe) versions if the source was in source
>> control. Even if Walter is the only one with write access, it's still
>> be helpful. It's helpful for more than just the LDC folks; that's just
>> the most recent example.
>
> It would be nice to have DMD in version control, but I don't buy the LDC
> argument.  It's trivial to diff one release against another, regardless
> of whether version control is involved.

It's probably just easier what a change is for[1] if it's small and
self-contained, with a description (commit message) of what it's supposed to do.
But that's just a guess, you'd have to ask Thomas Lindquist since he's the one
that usually merges new frontend versions.

[1]: And thus what to do in case of conflicts, as well as what may need to
change in the backend (if anything).