visualization of language benchmarks

BCS none at anon.com
Sun May 31 17:41:34 PDT 2009

Hello Denis,

> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 03:04:14 +0400, BCS <none at anon.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Denis,
>>
>>> I wonder where ASM would be located :p
>>>
>> top left.
>>
> I highly doubt hand-written assembly for those tasks will be anywhere
> close to optimal.
>
> I bet it would be in top right corner.

There are only two cases where ASM should be used; 1) where you need access
to specific op codes that the language doesn't expose and 2) where it needs
to be faster than what you can otherwise get in any avalable languge. Based
on that, you will never see it anywhere BUT the left edge. For that matter,
if you aren't on the left edge, take whatever is and disassemble it and now
you are.