Size does matter: TDPL reaches the size of Modern C++ Design

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Nov 1 20:09:14 PST 2009

breezes wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
>
>> Modern C++ Design has 323 pages including index. I'm glad to report that
>>   just about now TDPL has reached the same size. Let's hope the quality
>> of TDPL is better!
>>
>> Follow TDPL progress in real-time at http://erdani.com.
>>
>> I wish I could mark this anniversary with another free sample chapter,
>> but my publisher wouldn't allow it.
>>

>> Andrei
>
> When will the current draft be published on Safari's Rough Cuts. I spent 22$ per month only for this book.

In that case I'd be _very_ grateful if you complained to them and asked
for a refund for the time you didn't have access to the draft. I am
conscientiously sending them updates (recently on Oct 9 and Oct 16, each
time with a full new chapter), but they are upgrading their site to an
up-and-coming new version of Safari for a long time now. If they keep on
being as professional as they seem to have been so far, the blessed
draft will be posted after the book is published.

Andrei