Memory Management in D: Request for Comment

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Nov 4 15:49:38 PST 2009

dsimcha wrote:
> == Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org)'s article
>> dsimcha wrote:
>>> == Quote from Sean Kelly (sean at invisibleduck.org)'s article
>>> care of some other things.  I'm planning to revisit it once the concurrency model
>>> is reasonably sorted out, since such a GC is pretty much useless until then
> anyway.
>>> Does this mean that this has officially, for all practical purposes, been put off
>>> until D3?
>> Performance improvements are fortunately not tied to the language spec.
>> Andrei
>
> But the concurrency model is.

Sorry, I misunderstood a bit. Anyway, the process is a continuum, so you
shouldn't expect that the concurrency model will be available only on
the day of D2's release. Also, there will be many releases of D2
following the "gold" release. It's not like once we deploy D2 we just
start working on D3.

Andrei