D loosing the battle

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Nov 5 03:50:03 PST 2009

#ponce:

>On this particular point, I and bearophile asked for adopting LDC in benchmarks in The Great Language Shootout (which may blow everything else), but the author isn't even interested in D.<

The programs of the Shootout were essentially C, with few exceptions, and that site owner is now mostly interested in languages quite different from each other.

Using LDC D1 comer out good in most shootout benchmarks (but D versions of the thread-ring and regex-dna bechmarks may be improved still).

Bye,
bearophile