the List example

Max Samukha spambox at d-coding.com
Fri Nov 6 01:10:06 PST 2009

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 21:29:43 -0300, Leandro Lucarella
<llucax at gmail.com> wrote:

>See my other response about efficiency of D when using new/classes a lot.
>You just can't do it efficiently in D, ask bearophile for some benchmarks
>;)

This is in part because D doesn't have a compacting GC. A compacting
GC implies allocation speeds comparable with the speed of allocation
on stack. I guess many bearophile's benchmarks do not account for GC
collection cycles, which should be slower in C#/Java because of the
need to move objects. I think, fair benchmarks should always include
garbage collection times.