opPow, opDollar

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 13:10:16 PST 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 20:22, dsimcha <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> == Quote from Robert Jacques (sandford at jhu.edu)'s article
> > I'd recommend rolling that into a basic statistics struct containing
> > common single pass metrics: i.e. sum, mean, variance, min, max, etc.
>
> I've been wondering for a while if something like this is general enough
> for
> non-statisticians and a good candidate for Phobos:
>
> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dstats/docs/summary.html
>
> Good?  Overkill?  Too niche?

Oh nice. Though I'll probably never use dstats in its globality, I'll most
certainly use this summary module.

Having a small std.stats module inserted into phobos doesn't strike me as
overkill or too niche, but maybe I'm biased.
I'm sure everyone here use less than a dozen modules on most projects. I
mean, I never do sockets, xml, GUI, ... But I intensively use
std.functional, algorithm, traits, range,  typecons, typetuple, array, ...