SIMD/intrinsincs questions

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:47:31 PST 2009

Mike Farnsworth wrote:

> Of course, there are some operations that the available SSE intrinsics
> cover that the compiler can't expose via the typical operators, so those
> still need to be supported somehow.  Does anyone know if ldc or dmd has
> those, or if they'll optimize away SSE loads and stores if I roll my own
> structs with asm blocks?  I saw from the ldc source it had the usual llvm
> intrinsics, but as far as hardware-specific codegen intrinsics I couldn't
> spot any.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Farnsworth

Have you seen this page?
http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/wiki/InlineAsmExpressions

This is similar to gcc's (gdc has it too) extended inline asm expressions.
I'm not at all in the know about all this, but I think this will allow you
to built something yourself that works well with the optimizations done by
the compiler. If someone could clarify how these inline expressions work
exactly, that would be great.