CPAN for D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Nov 10 15:29:42 PST 2009

Walter Bright:

> Over and over, I hear that CPAN is one of the great reasons people use
> Java. Such for D would be a tremendous boost to the D community.

*PERL*! :-)
A CPAN-like for D may be useful, but CPAN is not just a repository, it's surely the result of several compromises, a balance. So you have to design it carefully to have similar usefulness. So I think we have first of all to list really carefully what makes CPAN what it is.

Do you need a dynamic language to have a CPAN-like site? Maybe not. And D has already modules (with some design holes that eventually must be fixed).

Bye,
bearophile