How is D doing?

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Tue Nov 10 18:35:37 PST 2009

IkeaTheSofa Wrote:

> Can't run 'C:\D\dmd\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe', check PATH
> ... Can anyone decipher this?

The PATH is an environment variable that the system uses to locate
executables.

You can set the PATH environment variable using the Start Button,
selecting the Settings, Control Panel menu, selecting the System
icon and editing the environment variables found on the Advanced
tab.

What you need to do is add the DMD installation bin folder to
this PATH environment variable.

> Any suggestions for a begginer(in general)?
> I also can not get the ecliseD plugin to work, but thats a
> different issue.

FWIW here is a simple tutorial on how to get the D compiler to run
from within the Zeus editor:

   http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2465

This tutorial also goes into details on setting up the PATH.