Go: A new system programing language

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 10 21:02:43 PST 2009

== Quote from Phil Deets (pjdeets2 at gmail.com)'s article
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:21:27 -0500, Knud Soerensen
> <4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com> wrote:
> > Google have made a new language.
> >
> > See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKnDgT73v8s
> >
> I watched the video. The language sounds like a cross between Smalltalk
> and C, but with better concurrency support. I was somewhat underwhelmed,
> but I do think the concurrency features are interesting.

I watched part of the video, though I'm curious enough about it that I'll probably
watch the rest later, esp. if Go keeps coming up around here.  However, for me
personally "normal" static typing is too rigid for just about anything.  I would
never choose a language that didn't either have duck typing or good templates that
basically amount to compile-time duck typing.  I'm not sure how Go addresses this.