Go: A new system programing language

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Nov 11 03:57:32 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

>> I meant the 1.0 release, in case that wasn't obvious ?
>> The D project was started ten years ago (1999), I think.
>
> Ah. Since 1.0 was just an arbitrary stake-in-the-ground some time after D
> was already perfectly usable,so I've never thought of 1.0's release as being
> anything special.

Sure, I think the "official" web site http://d-programming-language.org/
and the 1.0 release that followed was mostly to generate some interest ?

I guess the next line-in-the-sand will be the book release, and whatever
version of DMD 2.x (compiler and specification) that will come with it ?

--anders